Young adult Mentoring Program outing – Feburary 4. 2023 @ 3:30pm
Young Adult Mentoring Program will be going bowling at Arena Lanes in Oak Lawn at 3:30PM. Cost is $26 per person. See Sis Diane Ware for more details..
victorious woman fellowship – Saturday, Feburary 18. 2023 @ 12-3pm
Join us for our Woman’s Fellowship sponsored by the Victorious Woman Ministry. A light lunch will be served. Bring a friend! Call the Church Office if you have questions @ 773.436.8850.
leadership/helpers meeting – Saturday, March 4, 2023 @ 9am-12pm
All Ministry leaders and helpers at Victory are invited to join us for our Leadership’Helpers Meeting on Sat., March 4 at 9am. A light breakfast will be served.
annual business meeting – Sunday, March 12, 2023 directly after 10am worship service
Our Annual Business Meeting will be held on Sun., March 12 directly after our 10am Worship Service.
21 – Day Fast – Wed, january 11 – Tue., January 31, 2023
Join Join us for our top-of-the-year 21 day fast Jan. 11 – 31, 2023. We believe that this upcoming year, 2023 will be a year marked by salvations, miracles, breakthroughs, signs and wonders as Victory comes together to fast and pray for 21 glorious days in seeking and basking in God’s presence and power mentioned in Isa. 58. Fasting will bring you into a deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with God. When you eliminate food from your diet for a number of days, your spirit becomes uncluttered by the things of this world and amazingly sensitive to the things of God.
How you begin and conduct your fast will largely determine your success. By following these seven basic steps to fasting you will make your time with the Lord more meaningful and spiritually rewarding.
1) Set your objective – “God’s presence and power”
2) Make your commitment – To follow the Church Guide and if you want to push past and sacrifice more, please do so.
3) Prepare yourself spiritually – Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended and forgive all who have hurt you.
4) Prepare yourself physically – Eat smaller meals before starting your fast, avoid high fat and sugary foods and eat raw fruits and vegetables for two days before starting.
5) Put yourself on a schedule – For maximum spiritual benefit, set ample time to be alone with the Lord.
6) End your fast gradually – Do not eat solid food immediately after your fast. Break your fast with fruit or soup.
7) Expect Results – I John 5:14 “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He will hear us”. Psalms 28-6 “Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications”.
3 WEEK CATEGORY & SCHEDULE – Implement the following weekly schedule along with these important steps: do limit entertainment; do plenty of prayer, reading and studying God’s Word; and do drink plenty of water and juice (not smoothies)
Week 1: Jan 11-17 – Eat only one meal of your choice.
Week 2: Jan 18-24 – Fruits and vegetables only – No Desserts
Week 3: Jan 25 – 31 – 6:00am to 6:00pm Fast – No Desserts
Psalms 50:5 “Gather My saints together to Me, those who have made covenant with Me by sacrifice.”
~ Pastor Eric Susberry
What You Can Expect at Victory
- Face masks optional
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Information Signage posted on walls and floors
- Clean and sanitized before each service
Intercessory Prayer (*contact Church Office for conference call details):
- Sunday – 7:00am
- Tuesday – 1st and 3rd Tue. @ 10am-Noon
- Tuesday – 6:30-7:30pm – Conference Call*
- Friday – 7:30-9:00pm – Men’s Prayer
- Saturday @ 7:00-8:30am
First Time Visitors Online – Please Text: “WELCOME” to 773-378-9253
Water Baptism Sunday – Every 4th Sunday of the Month after the 10am Service (For Water Baptism, Baby/Children Dedication, please contact the Church office at 773.436.8850 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
weekly ministry sessions
- Bible Study – Wednesday @ 7pm
- Living Proof Teen Ministry – Wednesday @ 7pm (see Bro. Craig for details)
- Elevate Young Adult Ministry Bible Study – Wednesday @ 7pm (see Sis. Diane for details)
- Dance Ministry – Thursday @ 5:30pm (see Sis. Yalonda for details)
- Men’s Bible Study – Saturday @ 10am (see Bro. Tarnell for details)